Prof Carlo Mangano
Five years ago, DDS was founded. At the beginning, it was just an idea to involve all the digital experts in a scientific society to spread the digital dental philosophy all over the world.
Today all this is a great reality that has overcome imagination, strengthening and growing enormously, arising enthusiasm and gaining consensus and success in the world, becoming the Largest International Scientific Society in the Digital Dental World
DDS has National branches (Embassies), Active members, cooperation agreements with Scientific Societies and Universities in about 40 countries worldwide.
DDS has a scientific journal, BMC Oral Health, classified with IF 2, Q1 and indexed on Pubmed.
My mission for 2020/21 will be for DDS to become the only Scientific Lighthouse in the Digital Dental Ocean in the coming years.
DDS will have to satisfy the great demand for digital knowledge from the professional world, but also be the scientific reference for companies.
The new scientific committee (Francesco Mangano, Thomas Fortin, Rehinilde Jacobs and Fernando Zarone) will strongly work to achieve these goals.
Among the main objectives:
- increase the number of Embassies and Partnerships with other Scientific Societies and Institutions
- strengthen collaboration with DDS Partner Companies, working with them in digital continuing education with the program “DDS for”
- Increase scientific research and clinical applications, involving companies that can support specific projects of interest. We will establish a “DDS Grant” in collaboration with partner companies.
- Activate the “Quality Forum”, which will establish the minimum qualitative levels of both equipment and procedures, under which the quality of the clinical results cannot be guaranteed. Committees composed by expert researchers, clinicians and technical specialists from companies will be established.
- Consensus Conference 2020 in Serralunga d’Alba, Piedmont, Italy on 2-3 October
40 expert clinicians and researchers will discuss on 8 topics of great interest in Digital Dentistry, producing the related scientific articles, which will subsequently be published in BMC Oral Health.
- Global Conference in November 2021 in Milano
- Congresses already defined in 2020/2021 by DDS Embassies and Scientific Societies Partner are published on the DDS website, other events will be announced in the upcoming months.
A BIG THANK YOU to Dr Henriette Lerner for her great job in the last two years as DDS President!
I would gladly invite you all to be an active part of the DDS projects!
I am pleased to communicate the composition of the new DDS Board 2020/21:
- President: Carlo Mangano
- Vice President: Miguel Stanley (Portugal)
- President Elect 2022/23: Jaafar Mouhy (Morocco)
- Mahmoud Ezzat (Egypt)
- Uli Hauschild (Germany)
- Jerome Lipowicz (France)
- Eitan Mijiritsky (Israel)
- Piotr Nagadowsky (Poland)
- Vygandas Rutkunas (Lithuania)
Aggregate to the Board:
- Past-Presidents: Giuseppe Luongo (Italia), Henriette Lerner (Germany)
- Representative of Scientific Committee: Francesco Mangano (Italy)
- Representative of Honorary Members: Scott Ganz (USA)
We look forward to welcoming you in the great DDS family and to be part of the Future of Digital Dentistry
Best wishes and Happy New Digital Year!